- 30 grams of Whey Protein
- 10 grams a slow digesting protein -- Milk (if lactose intolerant try a Casein supplement)
- 20 grams Fructose (i.e. Honey)
- 100 grams Sucrose (i.e. Table Sugar)
- 20 oz of Water
Why do you want these?
- Whey Protein as it's one of the fastest digesting proteins
- Casein Protein - to provide a continuous source of recovery well after your workouts over. Studies have shown increased hypertrophy (muscle growth) by stacking these two post workout.
- Fructose - Since fructose has different carriers than glucose, delivery of protein and therefore recovery and muscle growth has shown to increase when taken as part of a post workout drink.
- Sucrose - Simple sugars as you muscles are starving - refined sugars post workout spike your insulin allowing maximum delivery of protein.
- Water - to help deliver it all.
The portions can be lowered based on gender and goals. Women looking to tone up can cut each in 1/2. Whereas men looking to put on muscle can follow as posted (depending on size). DRINK UP!
Mike Davis CSCS, NASM-CPT & GFS